Minti is subsidiary startup company of Finitera Investments, located in Podgorica.
Minti is part of fin-tech group that will be providing a scope of financial services, including payday and consumer loans operating in MNE market. The company aims to offer consumer finance and microfinance services to private individuals with the most convenient, customer – friendly and fastest borrowing process for the customer.
We are inviting ambitious professionals to apply for the position of Head of Accounting. If you are eager to follow newest trends and solutions in the rapidly growing financial business and be part of the big, supporting, friendly team, this might be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Head of Accounting to supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities. Head of Accounting responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information. Head of Accounting will be responsible for establishing the accounting department and compliance with financial regulations.
The person will be reliable, trustworthy, confident and flexible to build our business and have a friendly, yet professional ethics to take the lead of the accounting duties, support the operations and promote our strong company culture. The right candidate will have to be energetic, detail-oriented and self-initiator.
- Being the main point of contact and lead on the provision of all accountancy, general ledger, audit and taxation services within the Company,
- Complying with local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed action
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Setting up reporting for management including PL, BS, CF
- Provision calculation and portfolio reports and calculation (gross vs. net portfolio and provisions)
- Recommendation for financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Computing taxes and preparing tax returns, book keeping balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc.
- Payroll calculation
- General bookkeeping monitoring
- Conducting month-end and year-end close process, including account reconciliations etc.
- Reporting to regulator
- AML/CFT responsible
- ICS responsible
- Other tasks communicated from CEO
- Set up accounting system with reporting process system towards group and relevant bodies / regulator in timeframe of 2-3 months;
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures;
- Expand department in compliance with business expanding in order to ensure correct and timely data processing, analyses, reporting;
- Avoiding legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures;
- Create internal Minti accounting environment so that Minti becomes a desired place to work promoting owners mind-set throughout Minti by strategically;
Competencies and skills:
- University diploma in Accounting and/or Finance
- Certified accountant certificate
- Proficiency in English language
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance related fields will be an advantage
- ACCA qualification (or studies towards ACCA qualification) would be considered as an advantage;
- Proven track record of producing high quality audit and accountancy work of at least 2 years
- Knowledge of accounting for finance companies with scope of business in lending industry will be considered as advantage.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of numeracy and attention to details
- Experience in using Accounting software
- Complete proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Excel
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Thorough knowledge of MNE tax and financial regulations/policies
- Proactivity and hands-on approach style with high stress tolerance and positive attitude is desirable
- Report directly to the CEO
- An exciting job within a rapidly growing FinTech company
- Highly qualified, experienced and friendly team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Great technical support
If you feel you are the right candidate that can build a strong focused company culture, please apply and submit your cv in English at [email protected]