AmCham Montenegro is looking for a dynamic Executive Director with 5 years relevant work experience.
The Director shall have a deep understanding of political, economic and social environment in Montenegro, the Southeast European Region and the United States. Candidates shall possess excellent oral and written English language skills and be fluent in Montenegrin (Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian). He/she must have outstanding interpersonal skills in order to build and maintain relationships with numerous stakeholders as well as with AmCham members. Ideal candidates will have excellent oral and written communications skills and be able to speak to large groups, the media, as well as at conferences. The Director shall be detail-oriented and a hands-on manager who is able to run an office with limited staff and budget.
The deadline for applying for this position is November 13, 16:00h. Please submit a CV and a cover letter, stating your motivation for applying and why you believe you are qualified for the position to [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or follow-up emails will be answered.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a tireless advocate of the members’ interests in improving the business climate in Montenegro.
- Actively maintain existing members and recruit new members.
- Oversee the work of the advocacy committees and working groups.
- Represent AmCham in media contacts.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the U.S. Embassy, U.S. Government and the Government of Montenegro.
- Organize and facilitate regular Board of Governors’ meetings.
- Collaborate with AmCham Board of Governors on Strategic Plan implementation and annual plans.
- Maintain strong relationships with the regional AmCham network as well as with the AmChams in Europe organization and with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Combined five year work experience in related work in government, the private sector, international organizations, or with similar business associations.
- A 4-year university degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Political Science, Law or International Relations.
- In depth knowledge of the United States and Montenegro as well as the Southeast European Region.
- Solid understanding of the issues facing countries in economic transition.
- Excellent analytical skills and political intuition.
- Proven experience working in service to a broad range of clients and stakeholders.
- Possess patience, diplomatic skills, and flexibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local language.
- Proven management experience.